Okay, A.D.D. moment over. *ahem*
Tonight, I cut out the very first pieces of what I trust will be the final product. BEHOLD:
This is the front and top of the bustier. You see six pieces (4 lavender, 2 cream) because I am fully lining the bustier twice over. The cream muslin will hide between the two outer pieces of satin to help give the bustier heft and a nice, smooth lie, and (I hope) help it to last a nice long time.
And here is pictured a small pile of almost all the final materials I needed to make this monstrosity (and therefore went out and bought). The only things I know for sure I'm still missing are the grommets (eyelets) and the ribbon to tie it closed. Which, I may just use the pink ribbon I bought for the puffed sleeves. I don't think it's a point worth being picky about.
(As always, my cats approve of anything new).
Tomorrow I will keep cutting out pieces. There are a lot of small pieces, and since I'm cutting everything out three times...well, let's just hope I don't make any mistakes*
(*any more mistakes, I should say, since I did start to cut out the back part of the bustier and completely forgot to include the shoulder strap. Three cheers for homemade patterns!!! That's when I decided the above was far enough for one night. Hehehe).